A trio of our Smoked Mackerel contains all three variteys that we offer.
180g Plain smoked Mackerel, 180g Peppered smoked Mackerel & 180g Chilli smoked Mackerel.
We use fresh local Mackerel that arrive into us whole, we fillet them by hand, give them a quick soak in a brine and finally hot smoke them using Oak shavings.
This gives a really nice flavour as well as keeping a soft texture.
Cooked and ready to eat, Oak smoked in South Devon.
- Catch area - North East Atlantic
- Catch type - Caught at Sea
- Scientific name - Scomber scombrus
- Allergen - Fish
- Plain = Mackerel (FISH), Salt.
- Peppered = Mackerel (FISH), Cracked black pepper, Salt.
- Chilli = Mackerel (FISH), Crushed dried red chillies, Salt.